Focus areas are the building blocks of your strategy. They expand on your Vision Statement and start to create some structure around how to actually get your organization to achieve its goals. Your innovation team can plan and launch challenges and your ecosystem contributes to improvements and transformational changes related to a specific area. Examples of focus areas:
- Best Practices & Next Practices
- Agile Innovation
- Customer Success
- Employee Satisfaction and Engagement
- Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG)
- Health & Safety
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility
- Risk Management, Emerging Threats and Crisis Prevention
- Breakthrough and Disruptive Innovation
- Categorize challenges into specific focus areas.
- Submit suggestions and ideas related to a specific focus area at any time even if there are no active challenges
- Visualize which aspects of your strategy are being tackled.
- Allow both internal teams and external crowds to participate in the improvement of a specific focus area.
- Innovations and investments in each focus area create a specific set of advantages and improvements for your organization.
- Create a focus area using a simple and user-friendly process
- Set a default focus area
- Restrict focus areas to a specific community, users, or group.
- Activate or deactivate any focus area at any time.
- While creating a new challenge, set the focus area(s) in the challenge template. All ideas submitted for this challenge will automatically belong to the specified focus area(s).
- For an existing challenge, edit the challenge to assign a specific focus area.
- Set a focus area owner and create business rules to trigger various actions.
- Use focus areas to trace the best practices and next practices of the company.
- Use focus areas to trace continuous innovation ideas.
- Improve customer relationships through the Customer Success focus area.
- Increase employee productivity, motivation, and engagement through Employee Satisfaction and Engagement focus area.
- Use Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) to review decisions and screen potential investments through specific standards.
- Ensure the safety of the workplace through the Health and Safety focus area.
- Use Sustainability and Social Responsibility Focus Area to increase the impact that the organization exerts on its surroundings in business, environmental, and social terms.
- Work on ideas and challenges that push the company to enter new markets through Breakthrough and Disruptive Innovation focus areas.
- Identify, evaluate, prioritize, and mitigate any potential risks and threats through Risk Management Emerging Threats and Crisis Prevention focus areas.